Internal Revenue Service United States Department of the Treasury
Level Basic Advanced Military International

Foreign Tax Credit Workout

Election To Claim Foreign Tax Credit Without Filing Form 1116

Skills Warm Up: FTC Without Form 1116

Question 1 of 3

To claim the foreign tax credit without filing Form 1116, a taxpayer who is filing Single must have paid foreign taxes listed on 1099-DIV or 1099-INT that are less than or equal to $300.