Ready to "tax" your brain? Below are some scrambled key terms from this lesson. Unscramble each key term, and type your answer in the space provided. To assess your answers, click the Check My Answers button at the bottom of the page.
1) Money that employers withhold from employees' paychecks. This money is deposited for the government. (wldihonithg)
2) The concept that different people in different income groups should pay different rates of taxes or different percentages of their incomes as taxes. (2 words) (valequityertic)
3) Amount of tax that must be paid. (2 words) (tiabiliaxlty)
4) Amount that taxpayers can claim for themselves, their spouses, and eligible dependents. (eptioxemns)
5) A part of a person's or business's expenses that reduces income subject to tax. (2 words) (tauctioxdedn)
6) A dollar-for-dollar reduction in the tax. Can be deducted directly from taxes owed. (2 words) (tcrediaxt)
7) The concept that people in the same income group should be taxed at the same rate. (2 words) (hoquitzorialenty)