An economic stimulus is meant to raise income and increase household spending in order to pump money into the economy. Refundable tax credits, such as the child tax credit, are meant to aid low-income working families and provide additional income in order to stimulate the economy.
1) The purpose of the child tax credit was to _____.
2) The purpose of the Making Work Pay credit was to _____.
3) One purpose of raising the First-Time Homebuyer credit was to ____.
4) The purpose of the education credits was to _____.
5) The purpose of the 2008 economic stimulus rebate was to _____.