Match the clues below to their correct answers by choosing from the drop-down menu. Continue to Part 2 or, click the Check My Answers button at the bottom of the page to assess your answers.
Identify the tax that could cause the behaviors described below by typing your answer in the space provided. Continue to Part 3 or, to assess your answers, click the Check My Answers button at the bottom of the page.
- You take the bus to work.
- You stop smoking.
- You drink only nonalcoholic beverages.
- You put off buying a new sports car until next year.
- You join a car pool.
Indicate whether each of the following statements below is True or False by clicking on the correct answer. To assess your answers, click the Check My Answers button at the bottom of the page.
- The sin tax is older than the United States itself.
- The luxury tax can discourage the use of alcohol and cigarettes.
- Revenue from the gasoline excise tax is used to build oil refineries
- The telephone and chewing gum were once taxed as luxury items.
- Luxury taxes are placed on some expensive, nonessential goods.