Match the clues below to their correct answers by choosing from the drop-down menu. Continue to Part 2 or, to assess your answers, click the Check My Answers button at the bottom of the page.
Indicate whether each of the following statements is True or False by clicking on the correct answer. Continue to Part 3 or, to assess your answers, click the Check My Answers button at the bottom of the page.
- Unequals should be taxed equally.
- Although no single tax in the United States is proportional, the combination of different taxes creates a roughly proportional system.
- The Social Security tax is progressive.
- Most excise taxes and user fees are somewhat regressive.
- In the United States, people have a progressive income tax system.
Answer the following multiple-choice questions by clicking on the correct answer. To assess your answers, click the Check My Answers button at the bottom of the page.
- Which is not an example of a tax used today in the United States?
- Because of the combination of taxes used in the United States, people over a wide range of income levels
- A proportional tax would take a percentage of income from all groups except which?
- Which system has the most negative effect on low-income groups?
- In which system would high-income groups pay more?