Match the clues below to their correct answers by choosing from the drop-down menu. Continue to Part 2 or, to assess your answers, click Check My Answers at the bottom of the page.
Indicate whether each of the following statements below is True or False by clicking the correct answer. Continue to Part 3 or, to assess your answers, click the Check My Answers button at the bottom of the page.
- A proportional income tax takes the same percentage of income from all income groups.
- Flat taxes include fixed amounts of tax on each individual or household.
- Our federal income tax is a proportional tax.
- A flat tax can be considered regressive because it takes a greater portion of income from those in lower income groups.
- Sales taxes tend to be regressive because they take a larger percentage of the income of low-income taxpayers.
Answer the following multiple-choice questions by clicking the correct answer. To assess your answers, click the Check My Answers button at the bottom of the page.
- Which is NOT an example of a commonly used proportional tax?
- A regressive tax takes a higher percentage of income from
- A proportional tax would take a percentage of income from all groups except which?
- A flat tax is the same as a
- Which income tax structure is used in the United States?