Answer the following multiple-choice and true/false questions about payroll taxes and federal income tax withholding by clicking on the correct answers. To assess your answers, click the Check My Answers button at the bottom of the page.
- The Social Security tax rate is
- Employees send their payroll taxes directly to the federal government.
- Employers use which form to compute the amount of federal income tax to withhold?
- Gross pay is the amount of pay the employee takes home.
- Who completes Form W-4?
Review Form W-4 for Olivia Sanchez by clicking the View Form W-4 button. Then, answer the questions that follow by typing your answers in the space provided. To assess your answers, click the Check My Answers button at the bottom of the page.
- Does the taxpayer want additional amounts to be withheld?
- Is the taxpayer exempt from withholding?