Internal Revenue Service United States Department of the Treasury
Level Basic Advanced Military International

Military Finishing and Filing the Return

General Filing Guidelines

Where and When to File (continued)

Members of the Armed Forces Who Move

Taxpayers who changed their mailing address during the year should notify the IRS of the change on Form 8822, Change of Address.

Taxpayers who move after filing a tax return should fill out and mail Form 8822 to the IRS service center for the state where their returns were previously filed. The service centers' addresses are listed on page 2 of the form.

Form 8822, Change of Address.