When taxpayers are ready to leave the site, show as much concern and interest as you did at the start of your time together:
- Ask taxpayers, "Do you have any questions before we say goodbye?"
- Advise taxpayers how to get answers to questions that may come up later.
- Encourage taxpayers to consider volunteering if they seem interested in learning more about tax preparation. Provide them with contact information or take their contact information, depending on your site's procedures.
- Ensure that you have the contact information needed to reach the taxpayers in case there are any problems with the e-filing of the return. It should be clear to taxpayers that you need accurate information to contact them if there should be a problem with the electronic transmission of their return (such as an invalid social security number). The return is not "filed" until the electronic system "accepts" the return.
- Thank the taxpayers for using the service.