You have completed the Course Introduction. This lesson introduced you to the Link & Learn Taxes training program, which can certify you to participate as a volunteer tax preparer at VITA/TCE sites.
Your next steps to becoming a volunteer tax preparer are:
- Make sure you have the resources and support you need to provide each taxpayer with high-quality service and an accurate return
- A return is accurate when tax law is applied correctly and the return is free from error based on the taxpayer's interview and supporting documentation, and a completed Form 13614-C
- Prepare returns that are within the scope of the VITA/TCE programs and within your certification level
- Select a certification path that will train you to prepare the kinds of tax returns you will work with at your VITA/TCE site
- Complete the appropriate certification test(s)
- Complete the VITA/TCE Volunteer Standards of Conduct – Ethics training and test, the Intake/Interview and Quality Review training, and digitally sign and date Form 13615
- Meet with your Sponsor or Site Coordinator to get set up for work at the volunteer center
- Use VITA/TCE equipment and supplies for their intended purposes, and act in accordance with VITA/TCE programs standards
Enjoy the training, and thank you for sharing your time and energy as an IRS volunteer tax preparer.