Volunteer Standards of Conduct
As a VITA/TCE program volunteer, you have a responsibility to provide quality service and to uphold the ethical standards of the program. When you begin as a volunteer, you will be asked to sign Form 13615, which states that you will adhere to these standards:
- Follow the Quality Site Requirements (QSR)
- Not accept payment or solicit donation for federal or state tax return preparation
- Treat all taxpayers in a professional, courteous, and respectful manner.
- Not knowingly prepare false returns
- Not solicit business from taxpayers you assist or use the knowledge you gained (their information) about them for any direct or indirect personal benefit for you or any other specific individual
- Not engage in criminal, infamous, dishonest, notoriously disgraceful conduct, or any other conduct deemed to have a negative effect on the Internal Revenue Service
- Form 13615 must be signed and dated by the Site Coordinator, sponsoring partner, instructor, or IRS contact. They must verify your identity, that you have completed the required training, and have signed Form 13615 prior to working at a site.